Confrontative social group work
The confrontative social group work focuses on young people (age between 16 and 21 years) who were given a direction by the judge because of several acts of violence or acts of severe violence.
The course comprises 18 units: three interlocutions on an individual basis before, in between and after the group sessions, 13 group sessions, a visit to the correctional facility at Landsberg or Neuburg-Herrenwörth and a weekend with experiential and theatre education.
The regular sessions take place once a week between 6:30 and 9:00 p.m. The number of participants is limited to nine juveniles.
- highlighting biographical backgrounds
- confronting the reasons for and the triggers of anger and violence
- training self-perception and external perception
- confronting the own person and one’s propensity towards violence on the so called “hot chair”.
- fostering sensitivity and empathy
- developing non-violent strategies of conflict resolvement
- strengthening self-confidence