This measure focuses on children (girls and boys) aged between 11 and 14 years. It is offered in Augsburg city and in the district of Aichach-Friedberg.
Target group of this program are children with delinquent behaviour, contact problems, problems with authority and children who generally display a problematic social behaviour-.
The application for this program takes place at the Public Social Service for Augsburg city, at the administrative office for the district of Aichach-Friedberg or directly at BRÜCKE. The usual number of participants is eight children per group.
For the child
- twelve sessions (one per week)
- particular sessions are used for outdoor pursuits
- one individual interlocution
For the parents
- three counselling sessions (or more if necessary)
- three workshops
- The children shall be encouraged to confront their present behaviour and to check out new patterns of behaviour.
- Through exercises, games and interlocutions the children shall build up and extend social skills like empathy, willingness to help and impulse control.
- The children shall check out means to resolve conflicts without using violence.
- The children are trained in their self-awareness and develop a stronger feeling of self-confidence.
- The children shall be induced to meaningful leisure activities.