Social group work for children
This measure focuses on children (girls and boys) aged between 11 and 14 years. It is offered in Augsburg city and in the district of Aichach-Friedberg.
Target group of this program are children with delinquent behaviour, contact problems, problems with authority and children who generally display a problematic social behaviour-.
The application for this program takes place at the Public Social Service for Augsburg city, at the administrative office for the district of Aichach-Friedberg or directly at BRÜCKE. The usual number of participants is eight children per group.
For the child
- twelve sessions (one per week)
- particular sessions are used for outdoor pursuits
- one individual interlocution
For the parents
- three counselling sessions (or more if necessary)
- three workshops
- The children shall be encouraged to confront their present behaviour and to check out new patterns of behaviour.
- Through exercises, games and interlocutions the children shall build up and extend social skills like empathy, willingness to help and impulse control.
- The children shall check out means to resolve conflicts without using violence.
- The children are trained in their self-awareness and develop a stronger feeling of self-confidence.
- The children shall be induced to meaningful leisure activities.